Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fast. In all senses of the word.

Just a quickie right now, sorry.

I broke my fast just now. Since I started my water fast Monday night.

I had juice. Apple Cranberry Lemon. Juiced it myself. SO hard to find cranberries, I got em frozen. Which is apparently better for you; more nutrients. Whatever.

Btdubs, if you didn't know, you're supposed to break a fast with juice. Don't shock your system, or else you'll gain back all the weight. I break a water fast with 2 days juice, 2 days fruit (especially citrus!), and then my regular light food.

I lost 3 pounds yayyy.  Water fasts don't really loose a lot of weight, since your body is thinking you're starving. Oh, yeah, I am....but let's just discount that. But anyway. I don't do water fasts to loose weight, I do it to prove to myself that I can. Juice fasts, which I do ALL the time are lots more effective.


By the way, you guys should all get juicers. So much funnnn, and it's an easy way to customize what you drink. And with me, all I really have most of the time is juice, so. It's important to me.

Things that go well in juice:
Apples, carrots, avocado(to thicken), banana(same as avocado), cranberry, all citrus(especially grapefruit!!! OMG)(I don't think buddha's hand would be good juice, though), cactus pears(a little thickness), dragon fruit, lychee(annoying to pit, though. And you need soooo many), peaches(again with the thickness), celery, string beans, kale, tomato. They all taste really good. I usually put in protein powder or wheat germ or some other powder supplement, too, if I wanna get in calories or have strength or something that day.

By the way guys I'm doing a cancer walk soon! I won't give details on that, since my school is playing a big part in it. And since I go to a smallish private school, and have a very unique name, it would not be hard to find me. Sorry, guys. But yeah! Looking forward to that. Get to exercise and do charity. Sweet.

So. Yeah. Sorry I didn't talk about anything important today. Didn't have much to say. Peace and strength, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment