Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Treat yourself!

     I probably went over my calorie limit today, but you know what? I don't care.
     
     Today was my best friend's birthday party, so of course, all dietary limitations get scrapped...Well, to a point. As much as I was tempted, I resisted foie gras. So so fatty, even if it is delicious. But anyway, we went to Graffiti, which is a lovely restaurant in the East Village.  I had a  watermelon salad with feta cheese, and a mint sorbet. And then I was convinced into dessert, so I had strawberries with truffle oil, and pepper ice cream. So fucking amazing. Go there. NOW. I was also sorely tempted by the lychee martinis, which I've had before and are AMAZING, but I withstood.
   
     By the way, everyone's always so amazed when they find out that I drink all the time in restaurants here, but really, I've never been carded. Neither have any of my friends. It's not like we look over 21, even, we don't. I guess it's just a New York thing? I dunno. But no-one even bats an eye; alcohol isn't seen as a big deal in the circles I do.

     After we finished at Graffiti, we went to Veniero's, which is only like, a block away from Graffiti. I got a sfogliatella (I think I spelled that right?) and a baba rum. Italian pastries don't really go well with the Indian-ish food we'd just had at Graffiti, and we had already had dessert. But whatever. Also had an iced cappuccino which is made with espresso gelato omggggg....So good.

      And then we went back to my friend's house, where we had some forties and watched Not Another Teen Movie. And it was fun.

     I didn't keep track of calories at all, and definitely went over my 500, but you know what? It was fun. I had loads of fun. I figure one meal over my limit is excusable, right? It was truly worth it, so I don't feel bad.


     Also I totally want to do Mia Kirshner. She's so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment